The importance of having a well-written resume can’t be stressed upon enough. A good resume gives you an edge over other applicants. It provides a chance to express or advertise yourself in writing as a job applicant to a prospective employer. It is imperative you give an excellent first impression. It only takes a few seconds for a recruiter to like or dislike your resume. With several resumes to peruse, a prospective employer won’t spend too much time looking at each resume. This is why it is recommended to take full advantage of professional experience to polish your resume. It is your responsibility as a job seeker to ensure that your professional qualifications statement hits all the right marks.
A professional resume is an evolving document. As time goes by during your career, your resume improves. This necessitates the need for modifying it to keep it updated as you progress in your chosen career. You cannot use the same resume you used five years ago. The pressure of determining what to include and what to omit on a single piece of paper can be overwhelming. You are required to summarize your work history, outline your professional skills and highlight your traits. A resume basically determines whether you are going to move forward in the job hunt process or not.
Things potential employers look for in a resume:
1. Concise Content – you should be able to show that you can concisely articulate your expertise without being too verbose. Using too much complex terminology or company specific jargon are red flags.
2. Longevity – this depends on the field you are in, but most employers look for at least two years with each past employer.
3. Grammar and Spellings – this is obvious. No prospective employer will take you seriously if your resume has typing errors. Also, ensure that the spellings of industry related items are done correctly.
4. Outside Industry Experience – do not shy from including skills you have acquired from other fields. Tell the employer how you will be an asset to his or her company.
5. Referees – ensure to include at least two referees you can count on. Do not just put numbers of your friends or past colleagues with the hope that the employer will not make contact. It may cost you your dream job.
Importance of hiring a professional resume writing expert
As professional resume writing experts, we understand the importance of a resume. We will help you address the critical selection criteria for roles. Most job seekers often focus on what needs to be on their resumes than how well it is written. At Vertical Media Solutions, we are dedicated to helping job seekers in the United States take their careers to the next level by reviewing their resume for free. We have the know-how to help ensure that your resume is not only considered by interviewers but also propels you to the top of the stack. Simply visit our website and send us a copy of your resume. One of our professional resume reviewers will analyze it at a wide range of important criteria.
Some of the key areas we focus on include;
• Writing style.
• Common mistakes.
The writer will assess it comprehensively and give you a prompt feedback. We will then deliver a review suggesting how you can improve your resume to make it more visually appealing to prospective employers.
Your resume is your first and probably only chance to make a great impression on a potential employer. It is imperative to have a resume that is as perfect as humanly possible; a resume that gets you noticed. Include factually accurate information about education completed, job titles, skills possessed and contact information. Accompany your resume with a cover letter to increase your chances of getting the job. Ignoring the need for free resume review might be detrimental to your career growth, especially if you lack the ability to craft a professional resume.
The resume reviwer